Saturday, June 9, 2012

33 weeks

33 weeks visit on 28 May 2012 estimated weight of 2140g yet the girl still refused to turn or at least hopefully yet to turn ( I am still bearing hopes here). Been trying my best to talk to her, coax her into turning though I need better luck.

Anyway I did checked around and had a talk with one of the experienced expert in the field when I bumped into her last week. I was told that usually for 2nd pregnancy there should be bigger room and space for baby to turn at later stage and it is pretty common to see bb2 turning after 34 weeks. Sound hopefully then!

Been having quite a fair bit of cramps which the gynae say is pretty common and when asked what signs would not be normal, was told about persistent cramps that intensify and turn more regular intervals. We were given till end of June for bb to decide if she would like to turn otherwise might have to fix a date for the big cut (crossing fingers not). He can still joke that perhaps she just want to be different!

The gynae is going on leave for 2 weeks thus the next visit was pushed back to 3 weeks later after his return. The advice for any 'emergency' meanwhile was head straight to KKH should there be any contractions since it would be preterm labour and hospital bills would be highly subsidized there. No worries on the mother's bills usually but more concerns over the cost in NICU for the baby since I would only be around 34/35 weeks then so baby would be expected to be in NICU for a minimum of 1 week supposed without any complication.

Received the delivery booking confirmation from Mount Alvernia, thought I did not received such letter from TMC during Zethan's time. Surprisingly the gynae did not mentioned anything about my decision on Mount Alvernia.

Anyhow this girl is pretty much having a mind of her own. She dislike my sleeping on the left and will protest profusely with lots of kicks and squirms giving me the discomfort. This can also be clearly illustrated with her yet to turn 'protest'. It sound really weird but although this is my 2nd pregnancy, I could not identify her kicks, nudges thus is completely clueless about her orientation totally. Perhaps this is really true that the womb is slightly bigger thus more room for her to move around and the tummy get real humogous real fast.
2nd coconut @ 34W5D
2nd Bird Nest @ 33W

No comments: