Monday, June 25, 2012

36 weeks


I have never ever missed someone so badly during his absence and was so glad that he is finally back! That's referring to my gynae anyway!!! LOL.. 2 simple reasons; the irritating flu that bug me for the almost 2 weeks the moment he goes on holiday and the mystery of did-the-gal-turned?!!

The clinic was really packed mainly because he just came back and I am perspiring buckets and at the verge of melting in the terrible weather while waiting for our turn. It was pretty much a long wait since we reached the clinic for registration late, took us almost close to an hour before getting to see him.

Weird as it is, the moment he see me, he asked - Hows your appetite lately? Told him that it's not very good or rather can't eat much just like the 1st trimester otherwise discomfort and heartburn became my best friends. Checked blood pressure and was reminded to do GBS test. Went for the scan and was so relieved and happy to know that bb2 turned head down!!! However he measured a few times and remarked that baby is a little underweight. This came as a surprise as most of the time, practically almost everything is normal to him. Complained about cramping once again which was again normal and advised to slow down in all that I am doing. He reminded once again to try and eat more. I asked beef and durians to which he replied, durians, ice-cream, chocolate etc. To see him again in a week's time.

BB2's weight was estimated to be around 2.57kg and comparatively among the peers, she is indeed a little smaller at 36 weeks. So officially I fall into the 'cheong' group as opposed to many mummies who fall into the 'banned' group. This could be a good thing since the hub heard it from the horse's mouth and stop accusing of my food intake. Best is when requested to eat something out of craving, no questions asked! Haa

It's been really tough since the past week to walk even at very slow pace as there is tremendous pressure at the V area and just some walking apparently seem to worsen it. Monitoring too on the extra food intake namely durians and beef, crossing fingers that bb2 will gain the weight instead of me which will be a nightmare then again what to do. Tomorrow will be 'judgement day' and hope that bb2 remain head down and gained some weight from the 'cheonging'.

In fact few days back I woke up suspecting that my bump did 'dropped' and appear lower than the day before, just my gut feel. I have a nagging suspicion that this girl will most probably arrive around 38 weeks just like the brother.

Just turned 37 weeks today and started to feel the jitters and cold feet badly despite the fact that this is bb2, in fact worst than Zethan's time. It was only yesterday that we have decided on Z girl's name, bad parents huh, how late can it be. So officially the waiting game start like now and it's her call, anytime from now though secretly I wish for her to stay in for a little while more.
35+ weeks bump

No comments: