Sunday, May 27, 2012

Guilt

Now that we are preparing for the arrival of BB2 and with most of the clothes being handed down, that of a different gender and not too much of hands me down on hand, we tend to buy quite a far bit of clothings for BB2. Of course it was also difficult to find excuses to resist the numerous sales came across and the online spree made easy and available.

Subconsciously we tend to compare with that of Zethan's time and how we are blessed with alot of hands me down be it clothings, feeding accessories and all. It came to a point we or at least I felt extremely guilty that it appear BB2 had some much more new stuff as compared to Zethan! Even the daddy commented why BB2 has so much new things as compared to Zethan! opps...

Because of that I had to make it a point that whenever I am buying for BB2, I would definitely make it a point to get something for Zethan too if not equivalent but trying to balance it up. Wonder if this is what people say no matter what the 1st born would always hold a significant position in mummy's heart. I start to wonder if we as parents should feel bad that the 1st born is going to have divided love and attention with the arrival of the second child or should we feel bad for the second child since she would never ever get the undivided love and attention that the 1st child had all these while.

Am I thinking too much at this point of time, maybe yes, maybe no. I am trying my utmost best to prepare myself being a parent once again to a 2nd child and this time while having to cope with another toddler on hand. The transitional period from 1 to 2 children can be pretty tricky especially how to avoid letting the 1st child feel that he is not being neglected and developing sibling jealousy and rivalry. Even though we can be prepared with a constant reminder on the importance of spending quality time every now and then alone with the 1st child but somehow it could be easier said than done given the fact that newborn demand more time and attention so it could be easily forgotten.

As of now, all I can do is to spend real quality time with Zethan exclusively before the arrival of BB2 amid the fatigue and low energy level that I am experiencing. This month long term break sounds perfect to do just that!

No comments: