Sunday, June 17, 2012

Herbs

decided to bring forward the purchasing of the confinement herbs to last sunday instead of procrastinating further. It's pretty much a challenging affair in trying to decide the varieties and quantities to purchase since this time we are still not engaging a confinement lady and mum will be hlping out similar to Zethan's time.

asked around for advice from those who have engaged a CL but to no avail so rather than depending on others, I did quite a fair bit of research online on recipes for confinement food especially that of soups as I realised that soups are lacking in the last confinement and is pretty essential during a confinement. To make matter worst, there are many types of 'essential' or typical food that I do not consume e.g. pig's kidney, pig's stomach etc. This time round I am going to give a try at food such as vinegar pig's trotters, pig's stomach soup (not the stomach still) etc. I have been told times and times again that it is important to have a good confinement for the health to get back into good shape especially since this is very likely to be our last pregnancy thus I have requested to mum to have more soup and even double boiled soup for consumption before bedtime.

anyhow back to the topic, after the necessary research done, I have discovered that typically there are just a few types of herbs necessary for cooking and soups and I would not be buying the expensive ones since we have no experiences with them and no basic knowledge as to what is genuine or not. I mean paying for the genuine stuff regardless of the price tag is acceptable but as layman, how do we tell if they are superior, genuine or being chopped like a robert.

so we went to the shop armed with my own shopping list and while we were there, was given another list for reference. I did not purchased the recommended quantities by the vendor too since I gathered I couldn't take too thick or high dosage of the herbs otherwise end up with bad flu like the last confinement as my body constitution belong to the heaty side and coupled with the intense heaty food, the body just breakdown and caused alot of issues.
one more thing down!

No comments: