Sunday, May 6, 2012

40 mos

it's been a long while since I have updated some of Zethan's progress. Unlike in his younger days, these days progress should mean lesser of 'milestones' but more of the interesting stuff happening to him.

Zethan have been enjoying school loads and is very observant on the what's happening in school. For example, he will returned home and discussed with me on who is absent in school and why so in his own words. In his words ~ xxx and xxx no go school today, coughing, sick, no drink water. Otherwise he would recite what he does in school especially in the morning ~ take out socks, shoes, water bottle, comm book (communication book), wash hands, take photo?!, play! He knew most of his friends names by now including the little details such as xxx's water bottle / bag when he spot one while shopping.

Now to do justice to the school which I have to admit I as a little biased against in the beginning, I would have to say give them the credits deserved. By 2nd week of the the term, the teachers are imparting self help skills of removing their own shoes & socks, placement of socks in shoes (one each) and leaving their shoes at the designated spot on the shoe rack. Bringing out their own water bottle and comm book to be placed on the table and keeping their own bag. Soon after, moving on to wearing their own shoes and putting on their own socks which I must say is pretty impressive.

Besides that, the principal take the initiative to toilet train Zethan as early as Feb, the first few among the class as she have observed him to be better articulated and outspoken which does came as a surprise to me since I have always feel that Zethan need a fair bit of improvement in his speech. This is such a great consolation to me seriously. That helps a great deal since we are toilet training him at home as well which started shortly after the CNY holidays. As for toilet training at home, Zethan fared marvelously as even in the 1st day, it was zero accident for him and he accepted potty as natural as it could be without any resistance totally. The whole process was way too breezy and unbelievable.

His speech improved drastically and is very much in the process of stringing up sentences although it's very much broken english here and there. If I may praise him, he performed very very well, good job buddy! And for now I am beginning to find him a little of a bother since he could be talking non stop and asking the same question repeatedly even though the question have been attended to. Guess it should be considered as a nice 'problem' to have.

Citing a funny conversation we had in the car earlier on, Zethan spotted a red GE Honda Fit and exclaimed, look, mummy's car! I probe further, oh yes, it's the same as mummy's car. As we drove past the car, he took a look and was puzzled ~ why uncle driving mummy's car?!! which sent me roaring in laughter and he goes, mummy, so funny??

He is able to speak a tiny bit of mandrain such as rote counting of 1-10, ba ba, ma ma, zhou gong (working), zai jia (at home) which is about it.

Feeding very well these days, on the average days he took 3 bottles of milk (300ml each) and 2 staple meals of mainly rice & fish with soup. He is very much into rice, fish and eggs and reject noodles, porridges etc. Very much following the chinese palate of his daddy, his favorite food includes rice, fish, eggs, hor fun and it was a relieve that he accept pasta, macroni, french fries (all time favourite) as well. I am much more relaxed these days when it comes to cold drinks, juices, soft drinks, sweets, chocolates etc, not giving him excessive amount but not totally prohibited. A little concerned that he might be eating too well as he sailed his way to the scale of 19kg.

Zethan is very sweet to mummy lately too which is so so touching and heartwarming. When he see a trolley coming my way, he goes mummy be careful and pulled me away. There are lots of the little gestures that happened everyday he does which surprised and touched me a great deal. At bedtime he will asked to lift up my blouse to say night night meimei which I usually replied, meimei say night night Zethan. He would asked to kiss meimei night night too. If the daddy and I are engaged in a 'squabble' or so he thought, he goes, daddy, stop it, not nice! He is very protective of mummy and I certainly hope that he will show the same degree of love to meimei in the near future too.

We have grown to be very very attached to each other that he have shown his preference for mummy on too many occasions. Even over the rare occasion that his grandma bring him out, he would keep asking to go home - mummy's home, he said especially so at night. He would chose to go home with mummy rather than bunking over at grandma's. A lot of times, daddy can't perform the tasks as he would voice out loud that he would wants mummy instead. Not too sure if I should rejoice or frown upon these actions of his since I would love for the daddy to take over at time upon the pregnancy fatigue setting in. It does worries me the sibling rivarly and jealously issues when BB2 arrive and it hurt deeply to anticipate that he might not feel as loved as now.

Can I say that I am so much enjoying these moments everyday with him now and it feels like while stock last kind of thingy since once BB2 arrive, time and love would have to be shared. He is growing up way too fast so much that I hope time will just slowed down a wee bit for me to love him exclusively, more and more each day. 10 more weeks, that is for my sole devoted and exclusive love for him!

No comments: