Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Detail Scan

Went for our scheduled detailed scan on the 1st March 2012 with much anticipation. Our appointment was supposed to be 4pm but we were there earlier at about 3.40pm for registration.

Post registration, we were informed that as there is a huge delay from the patients in front of us, we were suggested to take a walk or have a drink before returning to the centre at about 4.30pm. We did just that instead of coping ourselves in the tiny and crowded assessment centre.

As advised, went up again at 4.30pm yet had to wait till 4.50pm when my name was finally being called. We are attended by a senior sonographer by the name of Ms. Fong which I vaguely remembered Z's scan was under her too after returning from walks bcos of infavorable position.

All of us were very excited waiting for the revelation of the gender but she was all discussing about Zethan with us instead while focusing on her scans and measurements. Babe had to ask her a few times about the gender and she brushed it off saying that baby was not in a good position to show off the gender. I had to gently remind her that my gynae's machine wasn't very advanced thus had to wait till detailed scan to confirm the gender. However she keep brushing us off on how difficult it is to scan for gender as the baby's legs are closed very tightly, even movements are with both legs crossed, the hindering of the elastic band on my pants? and blah blah blah.

After a good 10minutes of scans and taking of measurements, I had to ask if the results are normal till this moment of time which she replied yes. She showed us some of the vital parts of baby like heart, brain, legs, arms, umblical cord, kidneys etc. So the finale of confirmation of gender! She said she is not too sure but probably 80% is a girl! I was like....what? Had to reinforce again, so can't confirm the gender? She replied = as long as baby healthy, gender does not matter. I pushed her further saying we need to prepare for the baby as well and she said, baby is healthy matter most, no need for preparation, will confirm when baby is born! Then she proceed to shut down the computer and said that the report will be sent to gynae's clinic and that usually at this timing, they had only very few stations left working.....

Guess I was too much in a shock and disappointment that I could not think straight to react. After leaving the centre, I was all grouchy and naggy, fuming madly. Had wanted to ask for a rescan since she made no attempt to shift the position of the baby for a clearer view of the genital but we had left the centre. I was simply in no mood for our early dinner totally and had the urge to rush to my gynae for confirmation again. Jolly well knowing my character, Babe suggest to make a trip to gynae's after dinner otherwise he will hear my nags and complains for the whole night. I was even contemplating to call TMC to complain and demand for a rescan.

Called Woody's clinic and was told that he is around but schedule is very tight since he was expected to be at the hospital for delivery anytime. Anyhow we decided to rush there and was mentally prepared that we might not get to see him afterall. Luckily we did managed to see him and as soon as I flopped myself on the chair, started rattling away and complaining to him about the DS earlier on. He had to ask so what did the sonographer say, boy or girl!

Did a scan and told us that confirmed it's a girl~ was very happy now and started joking that we can start shopping now...but as soon as I left his room, went into state of denial thinking to myself, why does he need to ask about sonographer before confirming it's a girl. I am so very sure going to ask him to double confirm the gender again over our next visit. Seriously speaking I am still not confident of telling we are having a girl when people asked about it even till this day in time!

No comments: