Tuesday, May 22, 2012

32 weeks

currently stepping into 32 weeks of this pregnancy and all the nagging issues start to surface. 

Lots of pressure at the V area especially so while walking be it fast or slow. Sleeping at night is such a pain as it is just so tough to get the perfect position to conk off and after some hours, there is a need to change position once again lest faced with a numb body and cramp. 

Breathlessness set in as early as 27 weeks and I had attributed it to possible bb2 turning head down / engaged but little did we knew that she have not turned at 28 weeks scan, neither at 31 weeks scan which sent me into a panic mode! As usual, woody's cool reply was it's still early and there is still time. Google and realized there is no fixed and fast rules on when is the latest baby should engaged, some as far as the last hours of delivery. Meanwhile I am trying out coaxing or you can called it nagging every day once or twice a day for bb2 to turn ASAP! It sound abit hopeless for a 2nd time mummy but I do have problem trying to identify the differences between her stretching, elbow nudging and kicking. Well, seriously it's her call now as to whether she would want to turn or refuse to turn, definitely I am still bearing hope she will, hopefully she listens. Next visit in 2 weeks time (33 weeks gestation) so I am crossing my fingers and toes for good news.

Most of the 1st trimester symptoms start revisiting again, heartburn, reflux, giddiness and the long list continues. Body temperature seem to be at all time high and the recent weather only make matter worst. Feeling constantly greasy (the body) despite showering Nth times a day, perspire like there is no tomorrow. My best friends Insomnia and fatigue returned as a tag team leaving me very helpless on most days. Exhausted yet can't get to sleep early and difficulty in waking up in the morning. I am pretty glad that Zethan is having his term break very soon but he appear to be waking earlier and earlier these days so it's as good as null.

I have got to realize that I am not as conscientious in my intake of tonics for bb2 as opposed to Zethan's time. For bb2, I have only started my 1st tonic of homemade doubled boiled chicken essence with paosheng on the 28th week and her 1st bird's nest nearing 30th week. Since then there's about all?!! Being naughty and encouraged by the hot weather, we had our 1st coconut shortly after 30 weeks and trust me, it was really heavenly, cool down the body immediately!


Till date I have put on about 8.8kg for the whole pregnancy and bb2 weight estimated to be about 1.6kg as at the last scan at 31 weeks. Not a very big baby she is going to be, quite average and she have only put on about 300+g since the last visit at 28 weeks.  At this point it could be a good thing since if she is not too big then there's higher chance for her to turn. having said that she is extremely active and can expect alot of movements from her usually the vigorous ones. She tend to protested when I am sleeping on her not so favorable side so imagine the shifting I have to do each night before drifting into lala land.

Preparations for the arrival of bb2 was about 70% completed except for the washing and setting up, buying of confinement herbs and packing of hospital bag. What needed to buy have been bought, what not necessary to buy have been bought too (read as more more clothings for bb2). Planned to start the washing beginning of June. Oh yes one of the most crucial prep has not even been discussed upon; bb2 is still nameless as of now. We have had many people asking about it but guess it's going to take a while more.

No comments: