Monday, June 9, 2014

Ikea II

It's been a long time ever since we buy furnishing from Ikea prior to the toys shelf previously. I recalled for our matrimony home, it's practically Ikea showroom. 50% Ikea and 50% Picket & Rail. One thing you just have to give them credit, their products are usually very user friendly and it's basically pretty much fuss free when it comes to self installation. In fact I do find it quite fun to fix up Ikea furnishing and we pretty much done so for a handful of items including a 3 door wardrobe years back.

It have been weighing on my mind to find bedding for Zethan since it's high time he should be trained to sleep on his own bed. Baby step before progressing to sleeping on his own. We are a little late in this aspect as most of the time peeps of his age would have been able to sleep in their own room long ago.

Just so happen during our previous trip to Ikea, I spotted the bed we have shortlisted going at a fraction of the original price, the reversible bed. Tried their website but apparently the discounted price was not reflected and I do not wish to make a wasted trip. Tried calling the customer service but in vain, it's as good as nothing telling me the price from the website. Come on as if I could not surf the website myself. Explained myself further while she still do not appear to get my point telling me that if it's displayed such price then it should be valid. Anyhow after great effort in straightening out my query, she offer to help to TRY and check it out. The good thing is she really did and revert subsequently.
And so we make our way to Ikea Alexandra and this time with Zethan in tow, well take it as sort of making up to him for leaving him out the last trip. It was a chop chop kind of thing, head straight to the children department, express interest to purchase, invoice printed in 2 minutes and Viola done! After payment it was a short wait for the item to be picked from the warehouse and we had to face a nonchalant guy who do not answer as asked. Another interesting point about Ikea products, it is absolutely very compact and to the point of unbelievable. I have my suspicions that there is for sure some parts lacking or maybe I am just thinking too much into it. We went into negotiation mode as the boy requested to sleep on the upper bunk but request was rejected till he turned 6 years old, for now it's lower bunk.
He tried to excitedly nag the daddy into fixing it up for the night but it was clearly impossible for the major setup to be completed in a matter of hours ready for bedtime. Poor daddy had to start working on it the next day despite being unwell and on medical leave. I chipped in some help and by dinner time it's all ready! I had to threaten the boy that if he is not going to sleep on it then we will call Ikea to fetch it back. Lame excuse I know but still supposedly work. There you have it his new bed, hers too in time to come. Hope the excitement linger on for long, crossing my fingers and toes when it come to this boy!

No comments: