Friday, December 13, 2013

First Love

My first love will be turning 5 years old in a month's time. Opps, the daddy had to take a back seat being the X love!
 
By and large he is a sweet and loving child. Definitely there are moments of mischief and rebellious behaviour which I chose to attribute it to passing phase (crossing fingers and toe
s hard). Well, kids being kids, it's only naturally for them to misbehave, who is perfect anyway. The daddy and mummy themselves are not that perfect after all or rather not even close to being perfect!
 
The efforts I have put in for the past 2 years managing his expectation and requests have pretty much gone down the drain in matter of like 6 months ever since I returned to the workforce and they are in the main care giving of the grandmother. I remember very well, window shopping used to be a pleasant time out for the whole family. This is because Zethan know jolly well that requests to buy toys will not be tolerated and he will reply himself that presents / toys are only for Christmas and birthdays. So most if not all the time, meltdowns are avoided easily. However it is not the same now. Because of the fact that the grandmother had defy my 'rule' and he could buy toys at his whim and fancy, almost all the shopping trips we made were unpleasant. He will pushed his boundary way over my limit and I had to really refrain from punishing him or telling him off like a mad woman in public. Still most of the time I would stand firm on my decision and brave through his nonsense. Negotiation skill were always put to test. In this respect, I am still cracking my mind on how to bring down the damage to a minimum as I do not think it is possible to reverse the situation totally back to the old days.
 
Okay, be positive, look on the positive side and see more of his goods.
 
Just the other day, he automatically went to set the table on his own accord at dinner time. Mind you it was the full works of setting table right from laying the newspapers on the table, collecting the cutlery from the kitchen and setting them on the table, a pair of fork and spoon placement. Honestly I am really impressed and touched to the point of tears flowing. It was an unexpected action which clearly indicate that he is growing up faster than we had ever imagined, my heart swelled with love and how proud I am of him.
Another incidents of his sweet sibling love. Zelyn had this very bad habit of puking whenever she wail (just like the brother when he is much younger). So it happened like again because I scolded her for running around during bedtime. Zethan came to me and asked "mummy did you make meimei cry and vomit?" I admit and he said "mummy if meimei do not want to sleep, you can pat pat meimei or rub meimei's back so she will sleep okay". At that instance all the frustrations and anger I have in me melted away by his words. Instead it made me guilty. It is simply amazing what they are thinking in their mind at this age.
 
He is also at the stage of picking his own clothes and establishing his fashion statement. The only thing is he would be picking out the same old clothes over and over again, something fresh from the laundry. So it will be of no surprise if he is always in the same few outfits in the photos we take. Now I am also guilty of taking more photos of meimei thus Zethan is having lesser and lesser photos while on the other hand he is turning more camera shy.
 
Plans and preparations for his birthday have been in order. A few more details here and there and we are all ready set to go! Mummy is more excited than him......it's less than a month away! 

No comments: