Wednesday, October 13, 2010

21 months

it seem like just yesterday when we were worrying about his milk feeds, sleep patterns blah blah blah and now he turned 21 months old.

the last 21 months isn't a totally smooth journey with it fair shares of ups and downs. On good days, everything was like a bed of roses while on a rough day, one can go bonkers with the hair pulling events.

Zethan is pretty adventurous with food these days and he will ask for table food despite finishing his own meals. We have relaxed a great deal on his meals especially over the weekend. Gone are the days when we have to lug along his food jar with home cooked food. I have decided that it is pretty okay to have a taste of outside food or junk food for that matter for the weekends since he get to have decent home cooked food over the week.

His development in speech improved slightly with a new found favourite word NO. At times he appear to understand what is meant by NO coupled with shaking of his head otherwise he think it's fun to say NO for the sake of saying it. He pronounced Daddy very clearly especially so when he bid him goodbye at the doorstep for work (protesting ~ simply unfair!)

Thanks to the daddy who chose the easy way out, he is very addicted to Iphone either watching his own videos or MMC which so far remain his all time favourite. While I do not approved of it, I must admit that it does help to pacify him when time is of essence e.g. mealtime, ours that is.

He can take instructions pretty well if he feels like it. Of late he is rather well behaved which I chose to believe it is a passing phase or rather perhaps calm before a brewing storm but I'm enjoying these moments while it last. Just the other day, we were eating out at a food court. As we were early, the place is rather empty. I led him to a table and instruct him to stay at the table while I grab a high chair for him, all the while observing him and keeping him in sight. He did not move an inch till I returned.

His afternoon nap is reducing tremendously with previously accumulative of minimum 3 hrs to current barely 2 hrs affair. This is tough for me since I can't be sure when he will be up thus unable to complete my chores or even start any of my chores when we are alone on sat.

Meanwhile I am still considering if we should place him in child care next year when he turns 2 years old. This is pretty tricky at this point of time as we are in the process of possibly relocating so unable to plan till concrete decisions are made.

No comments: