Thursday, January 2, 2014

18 months

And so the little princess turned 18 months old.
 
As most of her peers are starting playgroup today (well it is all over in FB), she will not be simply because the bad mummy have not thought of it at all! I am indeed guilty as charged as my mind is all about enrolling her in MKG in Pre-Nursery in 2015 thus did nothing for her this year, not even any weekend classes till this point of time!
 
I am really very pleased with her speech development as she is progressing very fast and her ability to pick up new words is rather amazing. Allowed me to praise my own daughter but honestly I am impressed with her. Definitely the sweetest word is when she put on her manja mood and go ~ mummy....music to my ears and I melt literally.
Some of the words she picked up over the last month: -
 
~ Night Night
~ See you
~ Mo more (no more)
~ Laining (Raining)
~ Nini (Minnie)
~ Bag (ransack my bag or hide toys in my bag)
~ Sit (when we ask her to put on her shoes)
~ Nion (lion)
~ Nono (Pororo)
~ S-cy (Spicy)
~ Ruff (Giraffe)
~ Fis (Fish - co-relate to images)
~ Bu(4) Yao(4) (Don't want in mandarin)
~ An(4) mo(2) (Massage in mandarin)
~ Xie Xie
The irritating flu bug have been with her for the longest time I can remember. A second trip to the PD suggest that she is most probably having sensitive airway and highly affected by the volatile change in temperature as well as weather. It certainly did not help that the weather these days are still rather extreme and on most days, rain and low temperature to be expected. So her condition can improved on one day and worsen the next day. She is being put on 2 weeks course of medications - Singulair, Aerius, Dhiatfen and Bambec. Pray hard that after completion, she will fully recover otherwise the Chinese New Year festive period might worsen her condition once again. It really break my heart to see her on medication for such a long period of time.
Physical growth is still less than ideal by my standard. Despite efforts to beef her up, she still remained at 9.3kg with very marginal increase in weight. This girl of mine is really very kind to my pocket, taking forever to outgrown her clothes and shoes. I am still hoping that she will put on slightly more weight and apparently it seem she is currently going through a growth spurt.
 
Oh, did I mentioned that she is sprouting 5-6 teeth at the same time, 2-3 molars inclusive! Telling me about grouchiness, coupled with her discomfort from the flu, double whammy! I had gone through a consecutive 4 nights of waking at 3am sobbing badly and could not be comforted for the next 30 minutes before falling asleep only 2 hours later. Geez I could have easily add on to the collection of Panda exhibits at River Safari, more panda looking than they are. Her teeth are not cutting evenly and the PD advise there is nothing we could do but hope for even growth for the next set of adult teeth otherwise save up for braces!
 
Happy 18months my darling and officially she is promoted into toddlerhood!
 

No comments: