Thursday, September 12, 2013

12th

Every 12th of the month sent a reminder that my little guy is growing fast and furious. 4 more months to his big 5. It is simply unbelievable how time flies as it still feel like yesterday discovering the pregnancy, riding through the ups and downs of pregnancy, the difficult infancy he subject us to, the first day in school and the list continues....
 
He really enjoyed school a lot and I must say there is vast improvement in his speech ability especially that of Chinese, speaking and singing Chinese songs much more frequently now. Having said that we would have to start spending some time into research on what enrichment programs we have to put ourselves on wait list or start registration for. The only extras he is attending now would be Beary Gym and Ednoland computer lessons incorporated in school curriculum which are optional by the way.
 
We have kind of reached an agreement that we will not subject him to enrichment programs or what some others might read as stressful classes till he is in Kindergarten 1. My intention last year was to toy with the idea of sending him to programs that enforced on brain development say Shichida? How the idea came about was because from my observation, apparently he had really good memory of places and road that he have been or travelled even though it's just that once. For example, he could identify that if we were to travel down this road, we would be able to reach XX building or XX places. However Shichida is not for me as a parent since  I could not see myself being committed and devoted to the practises and homework that required parental participation. Yes I am simple plain lazy in this aspect. That aside I have not explore the other programs till this point of time.
 
Nearly started swimming classes few months back since he is very interested in swimming but due to unforeseen circumstances, plans fell through. As for music lesson, he did not seem to express any interest in it so that's out though I would love to see him on the piano. Coming to academic aspect, very high chance I would signed him up for Berries as well as I Can Read. I am hoping that the new branch near our place for Berries would have a vacancy though I doubt so. As for I can read, yet to look into where are the centres located and which is the nearest for us. Preferences would definitely be attending weekdays night classes so we could free up weekends for family time which is so precious since both of us might be working on different Saturdays sometimes.

No comments: