Monday, August 26, 2013

Sports Day

Marymount Kindergarten held their sports day on 03 Aug 2013, a Saturday split into 2 sessions. Zethan whom is in the afternoon session attended the 1pm - 3pm. I was rather concerned initially as it is scorching hot at 1pm especially the recent weather was pretty bad. However my concern was unfounded when we reached Marymount Convent where the sports day is held. It was really nice to know that the children will be having their events under shade, away from the hot hot sun.
 
Soon after we arrived, I lead Zethan to join his teacher and classmates at the other end from the parents area. We soon felt like bad parents as while majority of the parents are armed with DSLR, P&S plus video cam, these two 1st time attending parents came with our Iphone 5 and Note 2!
 
The whole event was organized really well, nice and neat. The children were made to march out of the waiting area passing by all the proud parents while cameras click furiously. My little guy was marching so proudly and meticulously, simply made my heart swell. At this moment I regretted not bringing my DSLR instead of relying on the mere Iphone 5. All the children were then lined in front of the parents' area to kick off the event. It was not tough to pick out the little guy among the crowd since he is slightly bigger in size and taller among the peers. It was really heart-warming to see him participating actively in all the songs and bowing his head down, eyes half closed peeping, hands clasped for prayers. Super adorable and I could not help laughing to myself.

We had to wait for quite a while for the little guy class to 'çompete'. In fact he is the first in line! Going past a few gymnastic hurdles and participating with much seriousness, weaving thru the little cones in figures of 8, he came to the hoopla hoop to kick the sepak tekraw ball a few times, very much adorable. I recalled him coming home and telling me very sadly that after the rehearsal, he did not have any prize and only 2 of the classmates were given prizes and I had to console him that he had fun and that matter more and he could try harder during sports day. Only during the sports day I realised it was because 2 appointed were made to receive the 'prize' by default! 

After the events are over & done with, all the children donned a cap and sling bag given to the children specially for sports day, came marching past again. To end it off, they sang and danced for everyone, uber cool! Great efforts put in by Marymount for such an interesting and successful event!

No comments: