Friday, February 14, 2014

V day 2014

Today is the western Valentine's day as well as Yuan Xiao Jie; eastern Valentine's day. According to the radio, the last double Valentine occur on the same day is 19 years ago which is 1995. Wow, how many more double V day would we come across in our lifetime?!
 
Frankly Valentine's day had always been another on of the days this far and I could not even recalled when is my last Valentine day's celebration?! At least I do remember that in our last 14 years (with the hubs), there don't appear to be one, not even while we were dating. For once I do not mind and fully agree with it as it do not make sense with the overpriced roses, bouquet fighting in the street (comparing who is carrying a bigger bouquet) and the obnoxious menus in the overly crowded restaurants. I do not wish to contribute to the smiles of the bosses and the ringing cash register. Okay not that I do not want it totally but I guess practicality gets the better of me. There was even a period of time I nearly got to selling flowers only on Valentine's day!
 
Anyhow Valentine's day is not just a day for lovers but also for friends, family and loved ones. A lot of friends come and go in my life till this point of my life, some I am more than glad to let them go, some I have no idea why the friendship fall out (without any major incidents, not that I am aware of), some who are influenced by other bad ones and the list go on. I have no wish to identify what, who are the causes, why is it happening or when it occur. Put it this way, if these are genuine people / friends then they should not readily give up the friendship without a fight. I have came to discover more of these people and though sad since it is never easy to establish and build a good friendship which I have always treasured but life still goes on and that's the way life is.
 
We have to learn to move on despite the regrets present. It had a scarring effect on me as honestly it's a classic example of once bitten twice shy. I try to give it all I can in any friendship though having said that I am never perfect as well so I could not have claimed to be the best friend in the world. Each of us have our flaws right, me included. From these learning curves and experiences, I do not think I am capable to give the very best I could offer anymore in any friendship. I have learnt that we have different priority in different stages of our life and family would definitely come in top of the list.
 
How did this post ever get so emo?!! Was it not supposed to be a happy post on "Love is in the air"?!
 
I would loved to have dinner together with the family on this special day especially because today which is the 15th day of CNY officially marked the end of the festival as it's meant for family to have a reunion and get together. Unfortunately we have company dinner tonight and it does not seem appropriate to give it a miss. Do not even get me started on why the dinner is today!
 
Last but not least, wishing everyone Happy Valentine's Day and have a great day with your family and loved ones!  

No comments: