Monday, April 15, 2013

Random Thoughts

As the saying goes, everything happen for a reason.

In our lifetime, there will be alot of people entering and exiting our radius of social circle. Pathways crossed, linked, split and exited. It was only after getting into a supposedly blossomed relationship that one would be able to judge positively the personality and characteristic of individual whosoever it might be. Given various similarities over time, one could simply not be oblivious to the extremely obvious differences and double standard one is subjected to, the extreme discrimination uncalled for. People changed over time and it is certainly inevitable be it for better or for worst.

I have always reminded myself that we have to be humble in all aspect and though we are not well to do in monetary aspect, we must have integrity and dignity thus looking down on people is the biggest taboo for me. With that in mind, I hoped to nurture my kids to be humble when necessary and that's how korkor's chinese name came about, humble. Quite unfortunately facing up to reality, we are subjected to prejudice but however based on my experiences, these people are best regarded as passerbys and unqualified to be acquaintance in my dictionary. There will always be people whom love to jump to conclusion, assume superiority over others and indirect back stabbing while on the preface holding up an artificial front, hypocritical drama-ing who can be awarded the Oscar award anytime. In any case who are they to be in the position to judge?

The weird thing is most of the time, the guilty conscience will be the very first to start the drama and the cat does slipped out of the bag repeatedly so much so that they are simply stepping on their own feet which is so interesting to observe as a bystander which is not a tough thing to discover at all. Which is why having a clear conscience is of utmost importance and once a lie is told, it required many more lies to cover up for the initial one. More often than not, these are the ones whom try to gather sympathy votes with hidden agenda to step on others.

Something I would have to learn in order to impart to my kids is to stand up for ourselves. Hub have always try to 'enlighten'  and warned me with his tiny voice in the background but somehow I have always waved it off thinking it's his prejudice so ultimately I was betrayed by the 'innocence' in me. The weakness I feel in myself is that given the situation of being wrongfully accused, I would choose to keep quiet and eventually fade into the background. Adding on to that, the drama starter would achieved its ultimate aims among the flock since it is only natural for the same species to take side and assuming the rights and wrongs by listening to one side of the story. What is not meant to be would never be.

Simple rationale, like it or not, we lived for ourselves and should never attempt to please others and we can't please everybody in our lives. Quality surpass quantity so it's enriching to have few genuine friends rather than having many superficial beings.

How very apt, just as this post is in the draft mode, I came across a friend who shared in FB "Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore". So which category do you belong to? =)

No comments: