Monday, May 27, 2013

Mama Day



It take one to become a mama to understand and appreciate their very own mama.

Sharing some thoughts here on the journey of mama-hood. I was very blessed to be given the opportunity of being a SAHM which is a 24/7 occupation to the kids, no medical leaves, no annual leaves, no lunch break shopping. Most of the time if not all the time, kids are on the top of priority list and our lives evolved around them. Their interest always come first, no doubt about it.

It seem like a terminal disease but it's just so tough to divert the attention back to myself especially that of shopping. I stepped out of the house determined to spend a little on myself but after 10mins in the stores, it's always back to shopping for kiddie stuffs. I could hardly spent $30 on a piece of top for myself or at least consider like 3 times while spending on the kids means without battling an eyelid?! Sound oh very familiar huh?

The mind is constantly with the kids though physically I am out. Guess it's going to be real challenging when I imprint my footprint back in the working world. Trying to keep up with the fast pace while on a balancing act of missing the kids at home. I need to regain my sanity and abolish the nagging feeling of being outcast.

Anyway we did not plan for any sort of celebration for Mother's day but decide to dine out at the last minute. A simple dinner with the whole family, that's all. The little girl decide to nap when dinner was served thus no photo with her, only a few taken when we reached home.

No comments: