Thursday, June 2, 2011

May 2011

I don't even know how to get myself started after missing in action for eons, 1.5 months to be precise. Let me try my very best to reorganise my thoughts, had better give all the excuses of not blogging a skip in this instance.

May is a very 'hectic' month with the numerous acitivities with the mummies, public holidays, the dramatic General Election (with close to 2 weeks worth of free shows), my very first major dental treatment in donkey years and the housing matters. Phews the list could go on and on but in a nutshell, that's about all.

We had so many gatherings this month with excuses that mummy Ophe will be leaving for the states end of the month (she is having some fun in the states at this moment as I typed, catching up with mummy Sue Lin). So it's almost like gathering every week so much so that the daddy at home raised his eyebrow. We did the various cuisine that Ophe will crave for after she leave for the states, Thai food, Jap food, BKT steamboat etc. We will miss you loads, Ang family!

Not gonna rave too much about the GE but what is notable is being my 1st time voting in 3X years, coupled with the peers' interest in politics, I grew some interest in keeping what with the whats is and whats not. We attended the very 1st rally by NSP at Choa Chu Kang stadium and was fascinated by the crowd despite the continuous rain for the whole evening. The whole area's traffic was almost paralysed, traffic jam everywhere, all carparks closed and so on. Well, all the hoohas and dramas had since settled down and forgottten as usual. So case closed.

Next on the list, my major dental treatment in donkey years. I have had very bad and serious phobia about going to the dentist and of course it is understandable for skipping any dental treatments for ages. No exaggeration here but it is a serious childhood phobia. But the pain is so unbearable that I am very firm in going for a wisdom tooth extraction / surgery. Can you imagine how bad the pain is for me to be so decisive despite the nagging phobia? Checked around for recommendation, surf the net for more information, ring a few clinics but earliest appointment is a day after. Such mixed feeling when I walked into the dental clinic at Mount Elizabeth, trying very hard not to resist the temptation to walk away. And so after the x-ray, consultation by the dentist, made the decision to do the surgery immediately lest I changed my mind again. Throughout the surgery, my eyes are shut real tight and even under local anaesthesia, could still feel the strong tugging at my nerve perhaps which spark off some tinge of pain still! It was all over in about 20 minutes or so, was shown the tooth (out nicely as a whole), rejected the invitation to keep the tooth, half mouth numb, payment and walked out of the clinic. So damn proud of myself for such a great achievement. Sound weird isn't it. Okay thats the saga of my dental treatment. Hopefully at this point, you will not be rolling on the floor, laughing away.

Housing. As mentioned in earlier post, we exercise the OTP for Bishan on May Day with a deposit of $4K and looked forward to the various appointments with HDB lined up for the next few months. Attended the 1st appointment for selling of CCKC which is really very early and nothing major for us as the sellers as the crucial documentation are with the buyers. Officially we should have sold our flat by 6 July 2011. Having said that, we are only due to be the official owners for Bishan in Sept if everything goes well. No major renovation necessary for Bishan except for the kitchen which might require a good 2 weeks. Anyhow as this post is being posted, we are experiencing some issues with our property agent and the buyers for selling of CCKC. Not going to be a spoilsport, don't wish to even go there so no elaboration. I have been on my toes trying to sneak in abit of time here and there to start the packing terror.

Shall dedicate the next post on the developments of Zethan which have been lacking badly ever since don't know when. I am so very glad to have started off this blog then and it is such a emotional experience reading back the blog, the emotions so overwhelming and real it seem just like yesterday! I will make it a point to maintain this blog, promise!

No comments: