Tuesday, November 5, 2013

3X

Numbers again! Acting a little more secretively here since it's about *ahem* my age, women's age are always a secret unless of course if she is below 21 years old... It is scary to be reminded of the addition to the double digits year after year, gone passed too freaky fast! 
 
November used to be my favourite month since it is my birthday month but I have since lost all traces of enthusiasm and try my very best to refrain from counting the figures. To the point when filling some kind of forms, I would need to resort to mental calculation on what is my current age. Not that I am avoiding it intentionally but over the years I have figured that age does not matter much any longer, it is just another set of numbers. Perhaps there is certain degree of truth when others say the priority in life shift with age.
 
Anyhow, as far as I can remember (my memory do not serve me very well at most times), birthday celebrations have evolved to be a simple dinner out with the family. Gone are the days with lavishing celebrations, fine dining and flowers affair. The formality of blowing out candles too disappeared over the years and would still have if not because of my dear son who is ever so excited about birthdays which means blowing out candle for him, that's the significance of birthdays at his age.
 
My birthday happen to fall on Deepavali this year which is the 2nd time as far as I could remember. It is a good thing that it falls on a Saturday thus saving a day's annual leave which I do not have many to start with and it is quite my tradition to be away from work should the situation allows. Giving myself a break if possible, sleep in and wake a little later.
This year's celebration is not that far off from the previous *yawn*, dine out as usual *double yawns*. The only exception is attending an enriching and enlightening event on the actual day. Food for the mind and spirit. But I shall not go into that.
We went for a buffet dinner on Sunday at Olive Tree @ Intercontinental Hotel. Zethan and Zelyn did really well and we could enjoyed our food in peace. The selection was nothing fantastic but the main highlight would definitely be the Boston lobsters! I am not a fan of oysters so gave it a miss totally. The prawns and scallops were fresh and sweet and not to forget the sashimi! I had most of the cold selection and did very little of the hot selection. The waffle was crispy and delicious too. So there you have it, the boring dinner celebration but what counted most I guess should be spending the day with the family.
My biggest wish honestly would be to age beautifully and gracefully, I hope!

No comments: